The Contract

Hi Everyone!

I'm Karla, or as my husband, Darryl, calls me the "Real housewife of Tuscany Hills" As of 8:15pm tonight it was official, we signed the contract with Ryan Homes and we are building our Avalon in Victor, NY!

The Contract... Ugh! Today was a complete emotional roller coster! We were told by our SR (Sales Rep) at 9pm last night that we had to read through the contract, sign and return it to her within 24 hours. If we didn't accomplish this we would lose our lot to the next buyer in line. Why the pressure?

Well, I'm not sure if it was true or a carefully planned sales ploy, but we were told earlier this week that there were two other buyers who were interested in our lot. We knew we really wanted this specific lot.  As you can imagine by its name, Tuscany Hills is full of hills! The lot we chose was one of the few flat lots. According to our SR if we didn't put a $1000 five day hold on the lot we would lose it to the other two potential buyers.  You have to know my husband, that was not going to happen! He put the hold on lot # 6 and that bought us a mere five days to essentially finish customizing a 4000 square feet house and work out all the numbers! Somehow we were expected to do this while working full time and managing a family of 7! Yes, it's been complete insanity here!

Back to the contract... Between late last night and today my husband and I were scurrying to read through and analyze each word of the fifty page contract. Do you have any idea how stressful reading a legal binding document is when your 3 year old is screaming for more toast and throwing his crust across the kitchen?!?! My husband and I felt that we still had so many unanswered questions for our SR.  Unfortunately, she was not in the office today or yesterday as these are her days off. Not only this but again the costing manager was on vacation.  Fortunately, we were able to communicate with our SR via email. Not as simple as phone, but better than nothing.

 I was so overwhelmed with questions, the contract, and my active kids that  I was pretty sure we were going to back out of signing. My husband and I were both worried about the contract details and the consumer reviews we had read previously online about Ryan Homes. Not to mention we wanted to make sure we included all the upgrades we wanted and finish price negotiations with the costing manager. This was another thing that they were not giving us enough time for with both the SR and the costing manager out of the office for the entire day. This still kind of upsets me...

Anyway, while sitting with my coffee in hand and a laptop in front of me this morning, I decided to see if I could find any Ryan Homes Facebook groups to join. I needed reassurance before I could be comfortable signing. Score! I found two facebook groups!  I immediately wrote up a rambling post to see if anyone there had built in our area and to find out their experiences. BAM! Within minutes the responses of the fellow housewives began coming in! Finally some answers!

After one post, seventy comments, numerous hours and the advice of four friendly neighbors my mind was finally a little more at ease! I received almost all positive feedback on building with Ryan Homes in this area. What a relief! As I mentioned, the only thing that still bothers me is we were not given anymore time to finalize our customizations and negotiate pricing.

At 8pm tonight, one hour to our deadline, my husband and I spoke via phone. We agreed that although we both felt rushed we didn't want to risk losing our lot.... so we did it! We signed and we are now future homeowners of our very own Avalon!
Complete Mom Fail! The day was so crazy that I forgot to pick my child up from soccer!

Marking Lot # 6 as "sold"!

Celebrating the purchase!
We don't have any money left for the good stuff!


We are ready to begin the next phase, but before we get to far let's go back a month or two where our journey began...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Way Too Involved Husband

Stalking the Avalons & Photos!